- This event has passed.
Gravel & Coffee, New Year’s Breakfast Ride
4 January 2020 @ 08:00 - 17:00€30,00
Bataia will host the first out of 10 Breakfast rides, with a breakfast buffet.
The ride will be a social group-ride on gravel, paved and some dirt roads. Entirely devoted to being outside together. The course will be 68 km, mostly flat, trough the Schelde valley, South, South-West of Ghent.
Included in the ticket price will be:
- A breakfast buffet provided by Bataia.cc.
- A guided Social group ride with a lot of experience on Gravel, Dirt and Paved roads.
- Sport drinks to fill your bottle before the ride.
- A drink and brownies after the Ride.
- The GPS track.
- Photo service: find images of the ride on the Gravel & Coffee Facebook / Instagram page and tag yourself.
- Everyone who participate in at least 6 Gravel & Coffee Breakfast Rides in 2020, will get the Gravel & Coffee T-shirt by The Vandal.
Mountain Bikers and the more experienced Roadies are welcome, but the track is made with Gravel Bikes in mind. So if you accompany us, be mentally prepared for a route that is not always the most suitable for your bike.
The gravel rides are unsupported, what means there will never be a car nearby or feeding stations on the way. We will have to solve our mechanical problems ourselves. So you will have to bring and carry your own stuff, but it is still a social event, so We will help each other out. We will leave no one behind.
Wearing a bicycle helmet is mandatory during our journeys
Every participant declares to be the holder of a third-party civil liability insurance policy
Our adventure is a social story, both to members of the group and to outsiders. Respect the highway code and be courteous to other road users. Gravel paths are excellent and often busy hiking trails, where people with children and pets experience their own adventures. A group of cyclists can quickly come across as a threat, so we kindly ask you to pass serene and say Hi. This way we can ensure that these types of journeys can continue to exist.
Gravel & Coffee is made possible thanks to the following partners: