- This event has passed.
Extra Gravel & Coffee, Ladies First Ride
8 March 2020 @ 09:30 - 17:00$16
To welcome more ladies to the gravelsport we like to pay special attention to them. March 8, International Women’s Day. we will celebrate this with an extra Gravel & Coffee. Our adventure will start again in Diepenbeek, where we can taste the delicious coffee from Kaffee-cyclette
After the coffee we will start our social group-ride on gravel, paved and some dirt roads. Entirely devoted to being outside together. Anneke will guide this 60 km adventure. That is why Der Lokomotiv, Cycling Adventures donates € 5 per ticket to Trappen Tegen Grenzen.
We don‘t exclude men, but want to put our ladies in the Spotlight. So, only as many men as women can participate. No breakfast but 2 coffees and a brownie are provided.
See you around 9:30 with a coffee, we will ride on around 10:00
Schedule of the day:
- 09:30 Coffee Before
- 10:00 Gravel Ride
- 13:30 Coffee & Brownie After
Included in the ticket price:
- € 5 donated to Trappen Tegen Grenzen
- A guided Social group ride with a lot of experience on Gravel, Dirt and Paved roads.
- 2 Cup’s of coffee of your taste and a brownie.
- Sport drinks to fill your bottle before the ride.
- a Ferm Kombucha somewhere along the road.
- The GPS track.
- Photo & Video service: find images of the ride on the Gravel & Coffee Facebook / Instagram page and tag yourself.
- Everyone who participate in at least 6 Gravel & Coffee (Breakfast) Rides in 2020, will get the exclusive Gravel & Coffee, King/Queen of the Gravel Roads T-shirt by The Vandal.
Mountain Bikers and the more experienced Roadies are welcome, but the track is made with Gravel Bikes in mind. So if you accompany us, be mentally prepared for a route that is not always the most suitable for your bike.
The gravel rides are unsupported, what means there will never be a car nearby or feeding stations on the way. We will have to solve our mechanical problems ourselves. So you will have to bring and carry your own stuff, but it is still a social event, so We will help each other out. We will leave no one behind.
Wearing a bicycle helmet is mandatory during our journeys
Every participant declares to be the holder of a third-party civil liability insurance policy
Our adventure is a social story, both to members of the group and to outsiders. Respect the highway code and be courteous to other road users. Gravel paths are excellent and often busy hiking trails, where people with children and pets experience their own adventures. A group of cyclists can quickly come across as a threat, so we kindly ask you to pass serene and say Hi. This way we can ensure that these types of journeys can continue to exist.
Gravel & Coffee is made possible thanks to the following partners: